The GFWC Woman's
Club of Stuart
What We Do?
The following are Donations and Activities we accomplished during the
2017- 2018 year:
2017 - 2018 Accomplishments
Club members held four successful events to raise money for charitable giving. They were the Zumbathon, the 9th Annual Holiday Home Tour, the Art is Everywhere Tour and Food, Friends & Fashion Luncheon. These activities enabled us to give the following:
· $31,000 in scholarships to seven deserving female seniors in Martin County high schools;
· $3,000 to IRSC for a woman entering a Certificate program;
· $3,000 to IRSC for a woman returning to school;
· $900 to the Martin County S.P.A.M. Robotics Team;
· $3,600 to students from ages 12 to 17 for arts scholarships at local centers of learning for art, music and theater;
· $1,000 to Children’s Emergency Resources to clients;
· $750 to Boys and Girls Club of Port Salerno;
· $730 in gift cards for guests at Molly's House who are visiting the sick at the hospital;
· $750 to Cancer Center for Yoga Instructor;
· $1,250 to Project Lift;
· $1,000 to Stuart Explorers; and
· $250 to Martin County Leadership (memory for Dick Hall).
In addition, many club members served the community at events sponsored by one of our six Community Service Committees:
· Won three First Place Ribbons, two Second Place ribbons, two Third Place ribbons and three Honorable Mentions in the Annual GFWC Florida State Arts & Crafts Competition (Arts);
· Won First Place in Education, Fundraising and Yearbook at the Annual GFWC Florida State Annual Spring Convention along with a certificate for the Honor Score;
· Hosted a Holiday Party for the girls at Refuge Ranch (Home Life);
· Participated in the Alzheimer’s Walk (Home Life);
· Raised over $1,520 by our club for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Team (Home Life);
· Tutored at risk children to improve their reading skills in partnership with the 4Cs (Education);
· Volunteered at the Gertrude Walden Child Care Center and collected school supplies (Education);
· Donated over 100 palm trees for 4th graders at JD Parker Elementary School in Stuart (Conservation);
· Planted flowers and pruned shrubs on club grounds (Conservation);
· Participated in the annual Stuart Christmas Parade;
· Provided toiletry bags for victims of Human Trafficking (International Outreach);
· Supported and helped plan the Gala to Prevent Human Trafficking (International Outreach);
· Collected Cleaning Supplies for the Stuart Florida Assertive Community Training Program, a local program which helps the mentally ill (Public Issues);
· Collected clothing for American Vets (Pubic Issues);
· Maintained Children’s Library at the 10th Street Recreation Center (Education);
· Participated in Women’s Build Day for Habitat for Humanity (Home Life); and
· Supported the Lundin Kudo Empty Bowls Project (Home Life).
2018- 2019 Goals:
· To work together to strengthen our community, raise funds and enhance the lives of others through our volunteer service.
· To increase participation and membership involvement in our six Service Committees.
· To strengthen our spirit of camaraderie that encourages membership growth and produces friendships.
· To take pride in our volunteer spirit, our fundraising efforts, and our club.